MULTIPLE FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITIONS
Industrial Engineering Program (Advert Reference Code: IE-1-2017)
Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey
The Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences (FENS) at Sabanci University invites applications for full-time faculty positions in the Industrial Engineering Program. The rank is open, and the appointment starts in Spring or Fall 2018. The candidates must have earned a doctorate degree in Industrial Engineering / Operations Research or a related discipline, and must demonstrate a high potential for excellence in research and teaching. Candidates with research interests in one or several of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Data Science and Optimization: Expertise on solving large-scale optimization problems that arise in data science and machine learning is highly desirable.
- Energy Systems Modeling: Experience in a number of energy-related problem domains, such as energy markets design, electricity grid modeling, and energy policy analysis via systems modeling, is required. Proficiency in deterministic and stochastic optimization methodologies, multicriteria decision analysis, data analytics, statistical modeling, and simulation techniques is highly desirable. Ability to conduct data-based research, preferably with large real-life data sets, would be a plus.
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Transportation: Domain experience in supply chain & logistics research and demonstrated skills in posing relevant problems and developing effective solution methods for these problems are highly desirable. Interest in supply chain sustainability and risk management, city logistics, green logistics, smart infrastructures, energy-efficient transportation, or intelligent transportation systems is an asset.
- Stochastic Systems and Simulation: Experience in simulation modeling, statistical methods, as well as stochastic processes is highly desirable. Ability to conduct data-based research, preferably with large real-life data sets, would be a plus.
- Service Systems: The Program’s current focus and expertise on service systems is mainly limited to transportation logistics and customer service issues in supply chains. A prospective faculty member is expected to have domain experience in a different type of service system such as health care, currently not covered in depth. A strong background in one or several of the following methodologies is expected: linear and integer programming, multicriteria optimization, queuing theory.
In their cover letters, the candidates are expected to elaborate on their fit to at least one of these profiles.
Sabanci University, a privately funded premier academic institution, started instruction in the 1999-2000 academic year in its new state-of-the-art campus located in suburban Istanbul. The University offers 13 undergraduate programs and 30 graduate programs in three faculties (Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, School of Management). The University aims at establishing a high standard of academic excellence and a research-oriented atmosphere both for its faculty and for its students, while nurturing productive relationships particularly with the industries in the region, which constitute the industrial heartland of Turkey. The medium of instruction is English.
Sabanci University was at the top of the "University Innovation and Entrepreneurship Index" compiled by the Turkish Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology in 2012, 2015, 2016, and was ranked 2nd in 2013 and 2014. It is also the first Turkish private university to be included in the top 200 (182nd place) of the Times Higher Education (THE) 2014 Rankings and is ranked 13th among the universities under 50 years old worldwide.
Detailed information about Sabanci University is available at the web site:
The applicants should submit their materials through the online application system at
Applications received by January 31, 2018 will be given full consideration.
Dr. Kerem Bülbül (email@example.com) will be attending INFORMS 2017. Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Dr. Bülbül for a preliminary interview.